She'd Like to Hear Something Nice

______________________________________________________________

Dear Right Advice,
-BlahBlahBlah- like to think I say nice things to my girlfriend often -BlahBlahBlah- Sometimes she’ll text me asking for something nice -BlahBlahBlah- it’s never good enough -BlahBlahBlah- confused -BlahBlahBlah- today she texted me and asked for me to say something nice -BlahBlahBlah- she’d call me later. -BlahBlahBlah- how do I -BlahBlahBlah-


Sincerely,
-BlahBlahBlah-
______________________________________________________________




This is a trap. If you read her texts requesting you to say something nice about her, and you go "fuck, what's the perfect thing I can say?" or "does she want me to text it to her?" or "shit - she's not picking up - should I leave a voice mail?" that's your intuition telling you that you're already screwed.

The fact she doesn't melt over bare minimum effort leads me to believe that you probably do say nice things to her, often. If she's truly starved for attention then she'll either dump you or lick clean the plate upon which you serve her your atta-girls.

Behind that text is the true message which goes something like "I've been auditing our digital interactions and I've noticed that I leave more comments on your facebook than you leave on mine."

What's more is that she didn't just trip over this data and merely notice the trend. She was already fussy and she decided to hunt this info down. She also probably skewed the data with made up rules such as: "I love you too, baby;" shows lack of initiative, and "Hope you have a great day;" is too cliche.

Regardless, if you think that clarifying the situation, with evidence proving otherwise, will make her feel better; It Fucking Won't!

So how do you negotiate this?
Flowery words like enchanting: Out of character.
Cute and funny: Insincere.
Reminiscent: Why only when she asks?

Throw another example up there and I'm sure I'll be able to shoot it down with my girl gun.

Why do girls do this? Who fucking cares; if there is a solution, you'll never think to bring it up when she's not already fussing, thus it will never get fixed (unless nagging comes naturally to you).



My advice to you: Save your A material for red-wine dining and the next time this comes up, float her something from the B pile so she can sink it and take a big shit on you. Then wait a day and email her something cute that you made in MS Paint.




No comments:

Post a Comment