19-Year-Old With a 9-month-Old

______________________________________________________________

Dear Right Advice,
-BlahBlahBlah-made it my mission to prove that It's not the end of the world -BlahBlahBlah-I have submerged myself into fulltime college, work, being the best mom ever, am following my dream as a model, all the while being the teen that I -BlahBlahBlah-
This is where problems come in... My typical day ususally consists of school in the morning, spending time with my daughter, then work. After my daughter goes to sleep at 8, I have a babysitter watch her and I go out with friends (or out on a date). I never drink, and I am ALWAYS there when she wakes up. Although it makes perfect sense to me since it makes me a happier mom with some freedom and shes never even knows Im gone, I have been told I am a bad mom for leaving her =(
What do you think?

Sincerely,
-BlahBlahBlah-
______________________________________________________________



Congratulations on your new puppy... I mean daughter. WTF Really?

Let's move past the fact that you had access to birth control, access to information deeming (single) teenage parenthood as "difficult," and access to certain alternatives (like abor/doption,) and we'll let your decisions lay Not-in-Vain, because you love your child.

There was a time when it was perfectly okay to swaddle your child to a board and hang them on the wall to keep them out of the way. Shit, in those days the kid wouldn't even get a name until age 7 (because most of them died).
Thanks to the advances in pediatric medicine, properly parenting your kid - in every stage of its life - is now a worthwhile investment of your time.

The last time I checked, the top three reasons to fire a babysitter were:
1. Dead Kids
2. Abused Kids
3. Tardiness

Vaginal lacerations and lactating nipples make you nothing more than a pro-bono babysitter.
Giving the kid food, clothes and shelter makes you nothing more than an absentee dad.

Full-time students are full-time STUDENTS. Part-time Students are able to spend more time with their kids.
Aspiring Models tend to marry well.
And, parents who like to go out and party, GO OUT because it's common knowledge that nobody wants to hang out with kids.

Being that you're not of legal age to drink... good job... not drinking.

My advice to you: Stop pretending you don't have a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment