Breakfast Dates

______________________________________________________________

Dear Right Advice,
-BlahBlahBlah- went on a first -BlahBlahBlah- second time I have met her. We met for breakfast. It went well. while walking to her car -BlahBlahBlah- tried to hold her hand and she instead patted me on the back. -BlahBlahBlah- I texted her -BlahBlahBlah- told her how I liked her -BlahBlahBlah- appologized for the hand thing -BlahBlahBlah- told her I felt a spark. She responded that she enjoyed breakfast too, said I am interesting and easy to talk to. I am to call her on Wednesday about doing something next weekend. -BlahBlahBlah- am I still ok? -BlahBlahBlah-


Sincerely,
-BlahBlahBlah-
______________________________________________________________



You're setting yourself up for the worst, most unrequited crush of your life, but hopefully this girl might end up being a pro at giving guys like you the fade.

If you ask one of your (probably many) platonic-girl friends about getting shut down at hand-holding, they'll probably give you a list of hopeful, maybe scenarios. But honestly, what person on a "date," would reject your hand-holding when they could just wait 30 seconds and then find a subtle excuse to drop your hand?

What you can expect to come your way is a whole heap of nothing. Shit, you might even end up demanding a straight up rejection from her in the name of "closure."

Expect her weekend to be booked solid come Wednesday, and because you never boned, there's no need for her to take you on a mercy date so bank on never going out with this girl again. Your only plans with her will be plans to talk later about making plans.

Here's where you fucked up: You had no business trying to go on a breakfast date with this girl. Breakfast dates are for guys confident enough to take the slow, get to know you path.

You're moving at a speed which requires alcohol.

I know hand-holding is to be considered harmless, but considering that going back to her place, walking past her roommates on your way to the bedroom and having her cancel her workout to have unshowered sex with you is tacky as fuck, you might as well declare all "moves," as off limits on breakfast dates.

And why did you follow up getting shot down with a text? Where are your balls and why would you want to punctuate getting shot down with wearing your heart on your sleeve?
"Hey girl, I know that our breakfast was indicative of how you had to chisel out a slot for me to fit into your weekend, and I know you are not comfortable holding my hand, but I just wanted you to know that I'm assigning you some homework in the form of a delicate oration describing how we should just be friends."

My advice to you: No more breakfast dates until you've mastered the art of indifference.

No comments:

Post a Comment