Dad is Still Trying to Control Me

______________________________________________________________

Dear Right Advice,
-BlahBlahBlah- I am 20 -BlahBlahBlah- my 18 year old sister and I want to move out. My parents -BlahBlahBlah- religious -BlahBlahBlah- use religion against everything. -BlahBlahBlah- My dad decided to confront me -BlahBlahBlah- he told me I was an alcoholic and that he knows I sleep with my boyfriend -BlahBlahBlah- if he finds out that my boyfriend stayed the night at my house, that I pay for, that he would cut off both of our money for school. That he has promised us since I can remember. -BlahBlahBlah- I still have to live by his rules?? His answer to this is -BlahBlahBlah- stops when I disown them or I get married??? -BlahBlahBlah- Idk what to do and my sister just wants to get out of here. -BlahBlahBlah-

Sincerely,
-BlahBlahBlah-
______________________________________________________________




Being that your dad covets the idea of your chastity, and he is willing to cut off your school funds, it sounds like he thinks what's best for you is making sure you marry well.

I wouldn't be surprised if the only reason he's got you in school is so he'll drastically improve your chances of marrying someone with a degree.

6 years down the line, once you've qualified for more financial aid, I'm pretty sure that you'll look back upon disowning your parents as a really immature decision, especially when you go through your scrapbooks commemorating the six year spree of black-out sex and waiting tables.

My advice to you: Endure it until you pick a Man or a major that will make your Dad proud.


No comments:

Post a Comment