He's Moving to Dad's

______________________________________________________________

Dear Right Advice,
-BlahBlahBlah- single mom for the last 5 years. I'm not regretful about the breakdown of the marriage -BlahBlahBlah- my son who is almost 13 started changing into pre-teen mode. -BlahBlahBlah- everlasting debate -BlahBlahBlah- 4 weeks ago he arbitrarily decided he would like to live with his father. -BlahBlahBlah- I didn't react very well. -BlahBlahBlah- emotional rollercoaster -BlahBlahBlah- His father has not helped at all by putting his foot down specially on my weekends -BlahBlahBlah- specified in a legal agreement -BlahBlahBlah- not court appointed. I've run the gambit with what is my right and what is not. -BlahBlahBlah- Seems as though my 12 1/2 year old wins! -BlahBlahBlah- The law cannot help me -BlahBlahBlah- father just stands there and doesn't push the child to spend time with his mother. -BlahBlahBlah- juggling a stressful job, entertaining my daughter -BlahBlahBlah- seeking the support emotionally where i can. -BlahBlahBlah- son will not disclose why -BlahBlahBlah- the attitude, etc. seems to only come out when around his father.
I just feel like washing my hands of it all....problem is I fear there may be harsh consequences.
-BlahBlahBlah- have given him great affection and it seems to somehow be all wasted time.
Any suggestions?

Sincerely,
-BlahBlahBlah-
______________________________________________________________


Rest assured, your son did not thumb through your divorce decree to find a way to spite you, nor is this some competition where he wants to "win." It just so happens that the man of the house, again, wants out. "Everlasting debates," usually indicate the dominant party "washing [their] hands of it all." So obviously you have allowed a mountain of unresolved shit to pile up.

If tween-age is really to blame here, then you should appreciate your time away from the kid, because, odds are, his dad is gonna kick his ass right back over to your house.

My advice to you: Accept that the kid does not want to be around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment